Monday, February 28, 2011

When you say foot?

Sometimes you just have to hang up on someone.  I know, my daughter, Libby, accuses me of being the Hang Up Queen..........but today, it was definitely called for.

Ron's left foot is swollen - much more so than his right........now we thought the post-transplant nurse would tell him to go back on Lasix and that they'd see him on Thursday.  Instead she said, the doctor stated it could be a blood clot...........then proceeded to tell us, someone would call us in the next couple of days to schedule an appointment for an ultrasound.

Bizarre!  It's like telling a patient, "Hey, you might be having a heart attack; we'll get you scheduled to come in - in the next couple of days."

We went back and forth and she kept giving us vague answers - I think it was her delivery - she sounds more like someone's secretary instead of a nurse (I am not calling out secretaries - I used to be one).  This nurse had no reassurance in her voice - she was unclear and just kinda' BTW.

Finally Ron couldn't take it anymore and I took the phone - she again mentioned something about his swollen leg - when I again told her - no, not his leg............his foot.

Then she did it - I was at the end of my rope...........she said, (and I quote), "Now, when you say foot?"........I snapped and CLICK.........I was done.

4 comments:

  1. The next time, if you feel it's serious, tell them you're coming in; don't ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or to the ER? Will that get their attention? You and Ron have been through too much not to be taken seriously. Hang in there and continue to fight for your family.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ron, Glad you're home. Hope u get this stuff over with quick. Gee, I thought I was an exception when it comes to hanging up on folks! Would have done the same.
    Take care,
    Larry Bradley

    ReplyDelete