Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WEDNESDAY - DAY 6

I went back to work today - Ron is on his own and doing great - walked the halls - enjoying his meals.  He has had some crazy itching - they are not sure what it could be - but they feel it's not serious. 

The doctors arrived and said, "Unfortunately, we're going to have to kick you out TOMORROW!"  I can't wait! 

The new Ron is the man I fell in love with - his light was hidden by the disease - his enthusiasm diminished - he is now joyous, exhuberant and can't wait to begin his life again.

I'm going home after work, take care of the dogs and get the house ready for Ron.  I plan to work 1/2 day tomorrow, then run by the hospital and wait for his discharge instructions.

4 comments:

  1. A number of things you've been told to do, or not to do are too narrow, or too wide open. Let's talk sometime. As far as the itching, that's likely to be bile, trying to escape through the skin. I had horrible itching, so badly I couldn't sleep. I was prescribed ursodiol and it took a month or two to take care of the problem. At MGH, they remove the old and new gall bladders. Their thought is that a gall bladder is a problem waiting to happen. Email me, I'd be more than happy to give you a little personal information, or ask and I'll send you my phone number. I'm happy things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam-glad that Ron is doing so well. I am sure your entire family is happy that he is coming home tomorrow.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. David - please send me your email address - pwolfcook@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. David, I've been thinking about your post all day, funny what gets stuck in your head. I've been Ron's voice for almost 18 years; I know what's going on - I don't share everything on this blog - that's what blogs are for - to share more or less of a person's life. I know the issue (itching) is most likely associated with bile and Ron is taking the medication you're speaking of. I appreciate you wanting to share information.

    ReplyDelete