Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sometimes you have to believe him!

Libby called me earlier this evening - said she had spoken to Ron - well I had spoken to him not 10 minutes earlier - anyway - he told her he had to go - the nurse was there to pick him up to take him down for a CAT scan of his head.

Now you know - I've been going on and on about crazy things he's been seeing and hearing (today he told me he heard Trouble, our Jack Russell, running up and down the hospital hallway).........anyway, I called Ron and asked him what he was doing - he said the nurses were there to pick him up for the CAT scan of his heard....................so.........not believing him, I asked to speak to his nurse - listen, he was pretty upset with me.......but he put the nurse on the phone (who turned out to be a patient transporter ) - I asked who I was speaking to.....and she told me........and I asked if she was taking him down for a CAT scan of his head........she said YES......and I proceeded to tell her......well, I'm sorry, I had to ask someone, because he's been so delusional, I was sure what he was saying was in his head...........she laughed. 

She put Ron back on the phone - they were in a hurry so he said he'd call me back........I guess the first thing I'll say, is ........I'm sorry..........but you know, I am trying to take care of him - so hopefully he'll forgive me.

My guess as to why they are sending him down for the test........because of the hallucinations - I still think it's due to his medication.  The doctors told me it will take 3 days to clear his body and we're halfway there.

No comments:

Post a Comment