Sunday, February 13, 2011

SUNDAY - DAY 10

Ron's pain is overall better today - change in medication has helped.  He's still a little loopy - medication makes him say and do some pretty weird things.  Tomorrow morning back to the hospital for blood work and hopefully he'll be feeling better. 

Enjoyed the kids and grandkids today - we've missed seeing them.  As a caretaker, I'm pretty worn out, between taking care of Ron, doctor appointments, making sure he takes his medications are taken on time, the house, the laundry, cooking, cleaning, DOGS, DOGS, DOGS and running up and down the stairs all day - I'm TIRED.

UPDATE: Ron has been experiencing tremors today - called the post transplant coordinator - she said the anti-rejection drug Prograf is most likely causing the issue.  His incision pain is back - he's trying to get by on Tylenol - because stronger medications make him loopy.  Ron's blood pressure has been creeping up over the past two days - he was on blood pressure medication before the transplant (for varices) - they may need to put him back on it to control his blood pressure.

4 comments:

  1. Is the pain in Ron's incision? I never had any pain, but that's highly unusual. I was and am numb in that area. Is the scar a Mercedes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add the info to the blog - I was getting ready to update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear that Ron is having a tough time. Keeping you both in my prayers that everything smooths out for you both.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much prograf is he taking? I started out at 3 mg. x twice a day. Now, I'm down to 1 mg. x twice a day. Now there aren't any side effects I'm aware of, but at first I had shakes, and cold toes. What other meds is Ron taking? Hopefully, no prednisone.

    ReplyDelete