Friday, February 18, 2011

BACK TO SURGERY

When I came to the hospital this morning, Ron's only concern was, that he hadn't eaten since yesterday morning at 7:30am.  At 10:00am a large number of the transplant team arrived - including the surgeon (which is never a good thing). 

Dr. Sellers said that he saw something on the CAT scan that concerned him (everyone was quiet and Beth, one of the transplant coordinators kept looking back and forth - at me, then Ron and back again - it was tense).  The doctor ordered an OR and said he needed to go back in - suspecting the bile duct.

He then told us they found a spot on Ron's lung (which wasn't seen during any of his transplant prescreening or any of his recent CAT scans) - the doctor said a biopsy would need to be done - but not today - today is strictly the liver.

At 11:17am they began surgery, at 11:38 I was told everything is going well.

My stress level is sky high - I've had more and more panic attacks, taking Xanex on a regular basis.  I have a call into my doctor, Ron's worried about my blood pressure - both of us can't be sick at the same time - that's for sure!

I will update as I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment