Thursday, November 15, 2012

Falling Down

THIS IS A POST I NEGLECTED TO PUBLISH

September 9, 2012:

Last week someone asked how Ron was doing, and I made the mistake of saying everything was going great..........

Mid week Ron began having problems with his balance, he became weak and began vomiting; at first I thought he had a bug.  Thursday evening he was following me into the kitchen, he became dizzy, leaned over the kitchen island for just a few seconds, and fell to the floor - hitting his head on the cabinet on his way down. 

I turned and saw Ron lying on the floor and all I could think of - was to get him flat on the floor (CPR) and over and over in my mind - questioning where was the phone.  I feel like I'm good in a crisis (I've had some practice over the years).  (He was okay).

October 2012

When Ron stands up, he feels so dizzy that he has to immediately sit down.  One evening while we were working side by side in the kitchen - I looked over and he was laying on the floor......we were afraid he had broken his arm. (He was okay).

November 2012

In the early morning hours I heard a horrible clunk and thud; Ron had fallen in the bathroom, hitting his head on the toliet seat (busting the top of his nose - with a full nose bleed as well)....he hit his ribs on the way down.

I suggested physical therapy thinking, perhaps, the issue had to do with 'strenghtening his core' - that he had become weak after surgery and was unable to gather his strength.

He was evaluated by physical therapy - was told they can't help him (he passed all their tests) - so they suggest neurological testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment